Featured Post

The Awkward "are you happy?" Question

Two days ago, it was quite an usual morning when my favorite movie-mate and I were watching this really interesting movie called, Hec...

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

~The Last~




The Last



Last hours fly away, last words linger

Last time you looked into my eyes

My last thoughts were a blunder

All I wanted to hear was ‘See You Soon’

But you only said ‘Goodbye’



Your last footfalls still echo in my ears

Our last laughter, sweet ardent kisses

Last moment of a rapturous embrace

Etched in the canvas of my heart

They last as deathless memoirs. . . .





Yet last evenings together ended

In sudden, wild storms

Trampling my secret wish:

“If only we lasted. . . .”



Adoring fingers lastly stroking my face

When you breathed last in my hair

Our worlds diffusing into a fuzzy backdrop

Four artlessly entwined arms

Your swift, soft whispers in my eager ear




Last step on the spiraling stairway

Where you finally halted to glance back

At my forlorn beckoning to say

Your unsaid farewell . . .

And climbing backward to kiss me awake



Yet one breathless twilight witnessed

Us, hiding our gory daggers

And audaciously parting ways

Guilty of a love, tragically murdered




Last hours flew by, but last words

Like your last breath on my neck

Lingered not. . . .




(...Inspired by a true story ~<3>


Senorita Enchantress

02/24/2013

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful....Made me nostalgic.... remembering so many things..that were last but their memory still overshadowed my soul and my mind... Keep it up bushi...u started telling the words of peoples heart not only yours..that something exceptional.. to make people feel familier while reading ur words or poems..etai ekjon kobir othoba lekhoker sharthokota

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem marked my soul... wonderfully written...!!! the stanza with the spiraling stairway is great.... the image is so vivid in my head... I suffered for this break relation more than i suffered for mine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'heart touching' adjective is appropriate for this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put some pressure on your heart to remove that cruel arrow,
    for if the arrow comes out, so will your heart...and your life...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very emotional. It touches your heart. ~Asif

    ReplyDelete