Featured Post

The Awkward "are you happy?" Question

Two days ago, it was quite an usual morning when my favorite movie-mate and I were watching this really interesting movie called, Hec...

Friday, November 11, 2011

Memories I'd No More Feel. . . . .


One singular moment of bleakness
In a bustling corner, among wandering souls
When evening falls with memories forgotten
In quietness.  . .  .  .
Like a silhouette on a faded blue canvas
Your face imbues my mind and old friendship calls!

Here you are, standing right before me
Across the icy ramparts between us
That barely allows me to see. . . .
Yet I strain my vision to watch your visage
Light up with a smile. . . .
While I welcome pain to paint pictures
In  mine.  . . .

Through every street I walk, everywhere I go
Your enthralling fragrance vaguely accompanies me
As my only living memory of yours. . . . .
So to the chilling night air, I howl, painfully
‘Oh why did she go away?
Holding the hands of Time, everything changes
Why couldn’t it reconcile our companionship . . .
Rather than creating a “widening distance”?

Even the Night with its engulfing darkness
Can never erase our beautiful dreams
Of daylight, and brightness . . . . .
As a remnant to my horrifying blunder
Then how could you abandon a friend
To die forsaken, in loneliness. . . . ?
In desperation, as my contemplation meets
No answer, but eerie silence. . . . .
To the darkness, I am nobody, it only seems!

My heart tears apart when I can still hear
Your final words. . . . . .
Piercingly reverberating off my ears
The heartbreaking memory of yours is one
Of faded days. . . . . .
But you’re still a living ghost
My eyes wish to see!

A night full of pouring rain
Can never soothe those seething wounds
That you’ve made. . . . .!
Sometimes I think I should go away from you
Far,  far away. . . . . .
But would that make me forget the times
You were in my dreams . . . .?
Or even the moments you made me dream?

Drenched wet yet ablaze inside. . . . .
The memoirs burn in unleashed flame
As with drooping shoulders, I shy away and hide
From your memories I’d never  feel   again
From a reality where you belong no more . . . .!

By Bushra Altaf Chowdhury
 10/11/11

Specially Dedicated to Nazia Jahan Chowdhury

5 comments:

  1. its utterly heart-warming !!!

    Farhana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably the 5th or 6th time that i have read this poem....and yet i could read it again and again!! well...not only coz its dedicated to me...but rather bcoz it sooo beautiful!...(aand its for me! ^_^ <3...) thanx a loot Bushra...i truly am touched and i love this poem to its very last (!) sign! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW baby!!! You make feel SO GOOD. . . .and let me tell u sth...dis poem wouldnt have been so Beautiful if you weren't..if all the precious moments u have spent with me in my life weren;t beautiful...!!....pls dont thank me!you deserved it!I was only tellin d truth...:)<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the third paragraph -Utsha

    ReplyDelete